Traveling can be a fun, but stressful time for many people. Rushing to catch flights, lugging around bags, and dealing with jet lag can make flying an unpleasant experience to say the least. I put together a list of items I make sure to always bring with me on my flights to make it more comfortable.
- Portable charger - One of the worst things that can happen to me on a long flight is when my phone dies! I always make sure to bring a portable charger so that I can keep using my phone until I land. It's also nice to have my phone charged when I land, that way if I have someone picking me up I can call them right away.
- Face wipes - For long flights and red-eyes, I like to bring face wipes on my flight. I prefer to fly with no makeup on, but sometimes I'm running around all day or have dinner plans right before a flight and don't have time to wash my face. Having face wipes is the perfect solution, it cleanses my skin, cools me down, and keeps me feeling fresh during my long flight.
- Eye drops - My eyes tend to be very sensitive, and the air on planes only adds to my problems. I always make sure to bring a travel size eye drop bottle to keep my eyes comfortable.
- Hand sanitizer - Getting sick on a trip, especially if it's a vacation, can ruin plans. I always make sure to have a hand sanitizer in my purse, that way I can keep my hands clean after touching things in the airport and on the plane.
- Facial moisturizer - Flying can be very dehydrating to the skin, so I make sure to slather on moisturizer during my flight to replenish any lost moisture. I usually like to buy small containers that I can fill with my favorite products, that way I don't risk having to throw away a larger bottle of product.
- Big sweater and socks - I tend to get very cold on planes, and the last thing I want is to be stuck on a long flight that's freezing cold. I like to have socks, not only to keep my feet warm, but also so I can take my shoes off so I can relax.
- Big tote bag - I always bring a large tote bag when I fly. It's the perfect size to toss all of my essentials in.
- Lip balm - Along with my facial moisturizer, I like to have lip balm to keep my lips nice and soft during my flight.
- Neck pillow - If I want even a small chance of sleeping I have to have my neck pillow with me! I literally cannot sleep on a plane without one.
- Rollerball perfume - I like to freshen up after a long flight by rolling on one of my favorite scents. The rollerball is the perfect size to toss into my purse before a flight.
- Glasses and sunglasses - My eyes get so dry on flights that it is close to impossible to keep my contacts in. I like to bring a pair of glasses in case I want to do some reading to pass the time. I also like to bring a pair of sunglasses, that way when I'm leaving the airport, I can slip them on to hide my tired, makeup-less eyes.
- Water bottles - I am notorious for bringing multiple, giant waters on board. I get so thirsty and I don't want to rely on the drink service during the flight to stay hydrated.
Hopefully my essentials will give you some inspiration when packing for your next trip! Happy travels!