Beauty Products You Can't Live Without
Everyone has their own opinion of what the best products are in the cosmetics world, from foundation to falsies. Some of these products are major game changers, and arguably an essential for everyone's makeup kit. Here is my list of what I consider absolute musts for any beauty junkie.
- Beauty Blender - If you haven't tried one of these by now, you are seriously missing out. From its seamless application to its super soft feel, this sponge is revolutionary! The Beauty Blender allows you to press foundation into the skin, blending it seamlessly for an airbrushed look. Unlike a brush, this sponge doesn't leave steaks or lines on the skin, giving you a more professional look. Once you start using this product you will not want to go back to your old ways, I promise!
- Skindinavia Finishing Spray - Finishing or setting sprays are so crucial to achieving long lasting makeup. I love Skindinavia's Oil Control formula; it keeps your skin matte all day, and your makeup does't fade at all. I hate to put time and effort into my makeup, only to have it slide off my face, oxidize or become shiny a few hours later. This is the perfect solution for all day, full coverage wear.
- Sigma E10 Brush - Struggling to achieve the perfect winged liner? Then look no further! My best advise to anyone struggling with their eyeliner is to use a very thin eyeliner brush. I love Sigma brushes because they are very high quality and last a long time without loosing any hairs. Because of the thin, 'pencil like' shape of this brush, you are able to have more control over the thickness of your liner.Try avoiding thicker, angled brushes for eyeliner application, they tend to have a heavier application with little control.
- Inglot Gel Liner in 77 - Speaking of the perfect winged liner, I love how this liner effortlessly smooths onto the eyes. The formula is very creamy and spreads on nicely. Some gel liner's color dilutes during application, but this one stays true black, and lasts all day long. One word of warning, this product dries quickly so make sure you work on one eye at a time to achieve the perfect wing.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder - This is my all time favorite powder for setting makeup and baking. It is almost impossible to have long lasting makeup without a good setting powder. I'm a fan of this one because it is not pure white, so it doesn't change the color of your foundation, and it is also suitable for all skin tones. It keeps the face matte without drying out the skin, and the makeup won't move a bit. I also like the 'soft box' effect this product has, giving a veil of coverage for flawless skin.
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer - If you've ever struggled to find a full coverage, under-eye concealer that won't crease, this is your new product. I like using warm shades from this line which have orange hues to cancel out under-eye circles. Because this formula is liquid, once it's set with a powder, it will not move or crease at all.
- Loreal Voluminous Mascara -Hands down, this is the best drugstore mascara on the market in my opinion. It is very buildable, for a false lash effect, and the formula won't clump when applied in layers. I like it in carbon black for a glamorous and dramatic look.