Acai Bowl Recipe
This is a super easy, not to mention healthy breakfast option! You don't have to limit this bowl to breakfast only, it can make a great lunch too! It's really simple to make and tastes so delicious.
- 2-3 frozen bananas
- 1 tbs freeze dried acai powder (I use Navitas Naturals)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (optional)
- Toppings - Seasonal fruits, Raw Granola (see recipe below)
- Blend frozen bananas in a high speed blender for a few minutes until the bananas start looking chopped up and mushy. Add the acai powder and spinach, if using.
- While mixture is blending, cut up seasonal fruits of choice.
- Continue blending mixture until it has the texture of soft serve ice cream.
- Scope mixture into bowl and serve, topped with fruit and raw granola.
- 15-20 dates
- 1-2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Place dates in a food processor and blend until small chunks form.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until it resembles granola. Add more maple syrup if needed.
- Store refrigerated in airtight container.
- I like to find the oldest bunches of bananas while shopping at the store and buy a few. When bananas are spotty, they have the sweetest taste, which is perfect for this bowl. Some grocery stores have sale sections and sell the older bananas at a discounted rate.
- I like to buy more bananas than I think I'll need for the week and freeze the extras when they turn spotty. By doing this, I always have a quick breakfast or lunch option ready to go.
- Bananas can take up to 24 hours to freeze completely, so always make sure to start this step early. The more frozen the banana, the better the texture will be.
- I like adding spinach to this recipe because the taste of banana and acai powder will overwhelm the taste of spinach, and you'll be getting a lot of added nutrients.
- Make your Raw Granola ahead of time and store in an airtight container or mason jar.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Comment below if you try it out and let me know how you like it!