One of my all time favorite breakfasts is avocado toast. It is so creamy and satisfying! It is also the perfect meal when you are running short on time, or lacking inspiration for what to eat. I honestly could (and have) eat this recipe at any meal, it is so good! If you haven't tried avocado toast out yet you are missing out. Check out my recipe below!
- 2 pieces of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 tablespoon non-dairy butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste (I like to use Himalayan salt and fresh ground black pepper)
- 1/2 tomato (optional)
- Toast bread to desired....toastness?? Remove and spread with non-dairy butter and set aside.
- Slice tomatoes into thin circles if using. Divide the avocado in half and spread evenly on the pieces of toast. Drizzle the avocado with lemon juice, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Layer on the tomato slices if using.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy!
This recipe is so simple to make and tastes so good! What are your favorite breakfast dishes? Share with me in the comments below!