Beauty Hack: All Day Lipstick
There is nothing more annoying than applying your favorite lippie, just to have it fade away with your first few sips of morning coffee. If you are willing to put in a little bit of extra time in the morning, there are some steps you can take to have all-day, long wearing lipstick that won't need a touch-up until after your lunch break. Check out my tips below!
- Start off your morning with an exfoliation of the lips. This can be done in a few different ways. The simplest way is to use your toothbrush while it is still dry and gently rub it on your lips to remove dead skin. Other options are to use a lipstick style product with built-in exfoliators, such as e.l.f's Lip Exfoliator, or a homemade lip scrub.
- Use your foundation to lightly conceal your lips. This step not only gives you clean lines around the mouth, but also adds a layer for your lipstick to hold onto and neutralizes your natural lip color so the true lipstick shade can shine through.
- Use your lip liner to outline your lips, and to fill them in completely. This adds yet another layer for the lipstick to hold onto, in addition to creating sharp lines around the mouth for a cleaner, more professional look.
- Matte lipsticks are the best for all-day wear. If you don't mind skipping the glossier option, it's always best to go with a matte shade to last you throughout the day. You can always add a gloss on top of a matte shade if you're really craving some shine.
- Dab on a thin layer of your selected matte lipstick, covering the entire lip area.
- Using a thin tissue held over the lips, take a powder brush covered in translucent powder and gently tap on lips.
- Continue with another layer of matte lipstick to bring the life and color back to your lips.
- Finish off your look with a thin concealer brush and some concealer to go around the lips and make sure that all the lines are sharp and clean.
If you follow all of these steps, you should notice your lipstick lasting you throughout most of the day, only needing to be slightly retouched after eating and wiping lips with a napkin.
What tricks do you use for all-day makeup wear? Share with me in the comments!