October Drugstore Picks
I love getting a good deal on the products I buy, so when I find drugstore items that work as well as the higher end versions, I get very excited! Here are my October favorites for drugstore products. Hopefully you can find a few new favorites from this list to add to your beauty collection. Enjoy!
- Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black - I've talked about this mascara before, and that's because I am obsessed with it! I think it ranks close in quality, if not the same, as many high end mascaras, but for way less. I love the deep black color and its lasting power. It doesn't flake like some other drugstore brands, and it doesn't clump at all. I always find myself going back to this product after trying out others. This mascara is a must in my beauty bag.
- Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder - This is, hands down, the best drug store setting powder in my opinion. When I set my makeup with this powder, my foundation lasts me all day long, without any separation or creasing. This powder is also great for baking, and will give a bright look under the eyes, while absorbing any extra oils. This product is such a great deal at around $5, plus it will last for many months!
- Shea Moisture African Black Soap Body Wash - This body wash is great for those with acne prone or problematic skin. The frankincense and myrrh hydrate and calm sensitive skin, while balancing oil production and clearing acne. The smell of this body wash is amazing too, so I always look forward to using it.
- Essie Nail Polish in Sand Tropez - Essie brand nail polish has to be my absolute favorite. I love their amazing color selection, and that many of the colors are opaque, which can be hard to find with some brands. Essie colors always last a long time for me, and go on very nicely. Right now I am loving the color Sand Tropez, which is the perfect sandy-nude transition color for summer to fall.
- Tea Tree Oil - I struggle with cystic acne, and try to avoid harsh products to treat it when I can. I love mixing tea tree oil into my moisturizer in the morning and at night to help keep my acne under control. Since I use it all over my face, it helps not only to treat my current acne, but also helps prevent new acne from starting. I also like to use it as a spot treatment when I'm having a bad breakout. Since I started using it a few months ago, I have noticed huge improvements in the texture and appearance of my skin. If you are using it daily, make sure to compensate with extra moisturizer, which will balance out the possible drying effects of the oil.
- Ardell Lashes - If you haven't tried Ardell lashes yet, you are missing out. These are the best drugstore lashes I have found to date. I love that the lash band is super thin, giving the lashes a more natural look. Their lash styles range from super glam, doubled up lashes, to soft wispy accent lashes. Some of my favorite styles are #102, #104, #114,#122, #131, and #305.
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Neutral - NYX is one of my favorite drugstore cosmetic lines, if not my absolute favorite. The quality of their products are very high in comparison to the prices. Their matte lipsticks are some of my favorites, and I love the color selection! This fall I have been rocking the matte lipstick in Neutral, which is a mauve shade. I pair it with their Mauve lip liner for the perfect color combination. This lipstick lasts for hours without drying out my lips. I like to fill in my lips with the liner before applying the lipstick, which helps it to last even longer.
Hope you found some inspiration from this list. Share with me in the comments below what your favorite drugstore products are!